This interactive webinar for mental health professionals will provide an overview of privacy and legislation requirements of the My Health Record. After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Recognise Australian privacy law, requirements and how they apply in the context of My Health Record
- Outline My Health Record legislation underpinning the use of My Health Record in practice
- Identify professional and ethical obligations, and best practice guidelines, as they relate to My Health Record and patient consent
- Explain to your patients/ clients how they can protect their privacy and control access to their My Health Record
- Understand the role of representatives and how they may engage with the patient’s My Health Record.