The Australian Digital Health Agency invites you to attend this briefing following the 16 July 2018 launch of the national expansion of the My Health Record.
This year every Australian will get a My Health Record unless they choose to opt out. The opt-out period has been extended until 15 November 2018.
The Agency is holding these briefings to continue to raise awareness of the My Health Record in the community and support consumer peaks and community organisations in each state and territory. This is an opportunity for questions to be answered about My Health Record - the benefits, how it works, the privacy and security of the system and records.
The briefing will cover the following topics:
- My Health Record overview
- Changes in legislation to provide further privacy protections
- How to manage your record (using privacy controls)
- How we can help you to communicate to your networks/members
- How can people opt out if they choose
- Questions and answers