Start of content

The owner of a My Health Record may wish to provide access to another person such as a carer, trusted friend or family member.

This is known as a nominated representative. If someone has invited you to be their nominated representative, follow these instructions to set up your access to their My Health Record. 

Before you register

To access a record as a nominated representative, you will need a code, called a personal access code (PAC), and the date of birth of the My Health Record owner.

You also need to have a myGov account that’s linked to the My Health Record system. If you don’t have a myGov account, find out how to set up your access.

Note that you do not need to have a My Health Record of your own to set up this access.

How to access a record as a nominated representative

  1. Log in to My Health Record through myGov.
  2. Click the 'Create or Access a My Health Record for Someone Else' button.
  3. Click the 'Enter a Code to Access Someone Else’s My Health Record' button.
  4. Enter the code (PAC) provided by the person whose My Health Record you want to access, their last name and date of birth.
  5. After reading the 'Participant Information' section, tick the 'I agree' box and click the 'Continue' button.

After you have set up access the first time, you will be able to access the record through myGov. 

The person’s name and age, and your status as a nominated representative will be included in a box on your welcome screen which you can click to access the record.