A nominated representative is a person you invite to access your My Health Record to view or help you manage your record.
A nominated representative might be a family member, close friend, or carer. They must act in accordance with your will and preferences.
Types of access for a nominated representative
You can decide the level of access you give to your nominated representative.
The access types are:
- General access – They can view all documents, except those you have marked as restricted.
- Restricted access – They can view all documents, including those you have marked as ‘restricted’.
- Full access – They can view all documents and add information to your My Health Record.
Please note: If a nominated representative is to be given Full Access from a General or Restricted access they will need to be removed and re-added. Additionally, a full access nominated representative will need to verify their identity.
Regardless of the access type, a nominated representative cannot:
- Give another person access to your My Health Record
- Cancel your My Health Record
- Make changes to your other nominated representatives
- Make changes to your Medicare data preferences
Invite a nominated representative
You can choose to invite a nominated representative to view or help manage your My Health Record. If you change your mind later, you can remove them at any time.
Access a record as a nominated representative
A family member, close friend or someone you care for may provide you with access to their My Health Record as a nominated representative.
Remove a nominated representative
A nominated representative must act in accordance with your will and preferences. If you are having problems with a nominated representative, contact the Help line on 1800 723 471.
You can also remove them from your list of nominated representatives.