Start of content

You may want to allow someone else access to your My Health Record, such as a carer, family member or trusted friend.

If so, you can appoint them as a nominated representative. All nominated representatives must act in accordance with your will and preferences.

How to appoint a nominated representative

Your nominated representative will require a Personal Access Code (PAC) to confirm they are a person you want to access your My Health Record.

To nominate someone and give them a PAC:

  1. Log in to your My Health Record through myGov.
  2. Click the 'Privacy & Access' tab.
  3. Click the 'Manage Access' button.
  4. Select 'Invite Someone' and enter the name of the person that you wish to provide access to.
  5. Choose the preferred type of access (i.e. general, restricted or full).

Once you confirm you have entered the correct details, a PAC for that nominated representative will appear on the screen. This needs to be noted and then provided to the nominated representative.

The PAC is a temporary access code that expires within 30 days and is used by the nominated representative to confirm that you have granted them access to your My Health Record. You can generate a new PAC if it expires, was not written down, was noted incorrectly or is misplaced.