The Practice Incentive Program eHealth Incentive (ePIP) has five eligibility requirements:
Requirement 1 — Integrating Healthcare Identifiers into Electronic Practice Records
The practice must:
- Apply to Services Australia to obtain a Healthcare Provider Identifier–Organisation (HPI–O) for the practice, and store the HPI–O in a compliant clinical software system;
- Ensure that each general practitioner within the practice has their Healthcare Provider Identifier–Individual (HPI–I) stored in a compliant clinical software system; and
- Use a compliant clinical software system to access, retrieve and store verified Individual Healthcare Identifiers (IHI) for presenting patients.
Requirement 2 — Secure Messaging Capability
The practice must have a standards-compliant secure messaging capability to electronically transmit and receive clinical messages to and from other healthcare providers, use it where feasible, and have a written policy to encourage its use in place.
Secure Message Delivery (SMD) Commissioning Requirements Checklist
Commissioning Requirements for Secure Message Delivery
Requirement 3 — Data Records and Clinical Coding
Practices must ensure that where clinically relevant, they are working towards recording the majority of diagnoses for active patients electronically, using a medical vocabulary that can be mapped against a nationally recognised disease classification or terminology system. Practices must provide a written policy to this effect to all GPs within the practice.
Requirement 4 — Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions
The practice must ensure that the majority of their prescriptions are sent electronically to a Prescription Exchange Service (PES).
Requirement 5 — My Health Record system
The practice must:
- Use compliant software for accessing the My Health Record system, and creating and posting shared health summaries and event summaries;
- Apply to participate in the My Health Record system upon obtaining a HPI–O; and
- Upload a shared health summary for a minimum of 0.5% of the practice’s standardised whole patient equivalent (SWPE) count of patients per PIP payment quarter.
To prepare for the Practice Incentives Program, please review the eHealth Incentive Checklist.