Manage your health information with confidence and ease using My Health Record.
How you can use My Health Record
Even if you’re a healthy adult, you can use My Health Record to:
- Keep track of your health information online – Log in to My Health Record securely through myGov to see and manage your health information.
- Share important health details in an emergency – Add your emergency contacts, so that doctors know who to call in an emergency. You can also add allergies and current medicines, so doctors can give you the right treatment at a critical time.
- Use privacy settings to control access to your record – Decide which healthcare providers can see your health details.
- Manage and view information in your record– See previous tests, prescribed medicines, and add any personal health notes.
- Set notifications and see who has accessed your record – See which healthcare organisations have accessed your record at any time. You can set notifications, so you get an SMS or email each time a new healthcare provider accesses a record
Add information to My Health Record
Your new My Health Record might not have much information in it when you first log in. Your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare provider can start to add information to create a picture of your health over time.
Ask your healthcare provider to add new information to your My Health Record at your next visit.
Mark considers himself a pretty healthy guy: he goes to the gym a couple of times a week before heading into the office, where he works as a business analyst. He tries to cook healthy meals at home most nights. But even though he doesn’t have any major health concerns, he still has his My Health Record up and running. He has the occasional blood test and knows that if he needs to check on his medical history, he can see it online.
Having a My Health Record has already come in handy. Mark regularly travels for work and, on his last trip, accidentally left a course of antibiotics at home, along with the his prescription. Rather than having a full consultation, Mark was able to check his My Health Record on his phone and quickly bring his non-regular GP up to date on his prescription.
Using My Health Record at Bourke Hospital
Nurses, doctors, pathologists and other healthcare specialists at Bourke Hospital talk about how My Health Record helps them deliver care.
“My Health Record is all about you. It’s about you making the choice that you want to have access to your information. It’s you determining how your health record is stored. This is truly about giving you back the power to control your health.”
Khadija Gbla, business owner, speaker, activist